Tuesday 4 December 2018

504 End of Module Evaluation

Overall, I think that this module has been quite good. Doing two opposite brief in one module was really helpful as it helped me learn the different elements and methods which are appropriate and not appropriate for both and how certain design elements may have different impact or should be approached in a different way e.g. layout (layout can be dynamic and involve transitions and actions on design for screen however it's static on print). Studio Brief 1 was particularly harder for me as I felt like I didn't really have much content to work with despite the research that I did which may me really stressed out and felt like I was lagging behind and was failing the module. However, through going through with my experimentations has helped me with generating ideas for content and put me right on track. Although, I did have many many mistakes and problems along the way however communicating and getting feedback form peers helped me rethink my decisions and worry less rather than contemplating. Also, managing my time well has also helped me with dealing with these problems therefore correcting them and refining my design. However, the only bad thing was probably the cost, as I've spent so much money on buying materials which was kind of impractical although I do realise it is part of the production process. But personally, I felt like I was wasting money on some things.

In contrast for Studio Brief 2, I felt like I was finally settled into 'study mode' again which made me much more productive and got lots of work done in such a short amount of time. Maybe because it's design for screen as well which helped me to change and modify my design much quicker than on print as it's all done digitally and don't have to be printed or scanned etc. In addition, I was also able to decide on my concept quicker and actually liked it better than my Studio Brief 1 concept that I was able to produce it much better with ideas generating more and easier. And, I think the fact that the brief was short too helped me because it made me work in a much more productive way and made several developments that led me to a final outcome that I was happy about. All in all, I think this module has helped me in terms of carefully thinking about production methods and the advantages and disadvantages of design for print and screen along the way; and it was a very good brief to start the year as now I have more knowledge and experience which I can take to other modules such as PPP where we have to make a Creative Report.

No comments:

Post a Comment