Tuesday 7 May 2019

SB2: Final Outcome





This is the final outcome of the application after the amendments that I made after the audience testings. I think from the testings I've gathered the the app is quite useful and successful in giving awareness to the problem of social media to the audience as well as successful design wise with the layout and navigation that I created for it.

I named the app 'The Attention Economy' as I thought it was a great description of the concept that I'm dealing with. It can mean attention as in the prolonged attention to social media and the attention that users get from it e.g. likes, comments. However, I also thought some users may not get the phrase initially as it is quite vague in itself, so I added a sub heading 'are you trapped in social media' to highlight the concept.

I think that my usage of the design elements are quite effective as they highlight the content very well and do not distract the audiences. As well as that it's simplicity makes it look visually appealing to look at especially when viewed from a phone. I made sure the text weren't too small or too big in order for it to not look too awkward, but also for it to be legible enough.

Content wise, I did struggle on how I would communicate the problem therefore I also struggled with the structure of the features I wanted to include. I thought starting with a very universal and simple element like colour would be effective in order to introduce the content to the audience, but also it gives them the opportunity from the beginning to interact with the app itself. From then on I focused on two apps which were the most used by my target audience (Instagram and Youtube) *with Youtube having a different theme and purpose, though still very socially connected. I decided that it'd be best to use the instagram layout and navigation in order to showcase the features as it not only visualises it for the audience first hand, but it also gives me the chance to have a clear structure of design features to follow. Furthermore, I highlighted the features to the audience alongside the narrative content, making it seem like a conversation where the audiences are being talked to and made realise the effects of the features as they are using it. I thought this was successful, as it from my test, the audience actually felt emotions like feeling guilt or surprised.

Overall, I think I'm quite satisfied with how the app turned out. I did had a result in which it worked just like how I wanted it to be communicated and understood and design wise I'm satisfied with how I have structured and laid out the elements. Although, I did struggle to find the overarching theme in the beginning which slowed me down a bit and made me panic I think I managed to do it in the end. The only thing I'm disappointed about it the fact that I couldn't manage to put audio on the prototype as Adobe XD is limited when it comes to it's features, I thought sound would've elevated the app and made it seem more realistic however I struggled in this area, if I was to develop this app further I would incorporated external softwares that will allow me to do this feature such as After Effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment