Wednesday 1 May 2019

SB2: Initial App Sketches

Initially, I wanted a simple structure to the quiz which I thought would be effective and successful in drawing people in.
  • Easy to Hard questions
  • Limit to 2 maximum answer choices
  • Maximum 10 questions
I also started sketch out how the app will be navigated and rough ideas of what info is going to be on each frame and layout. From the Adobe quiz I thought the circle indicators was really effective as it lets audience know how long they have left for the rest of the questions I also thought of maybe transitioning the questions like an infinite scrolling feature; kind of like juxtaposing the indicators but at the same time give a similar feeling as to when audiences use apps like Instagram or Twitter

(insert notebook sketch)

So I started to create the app on XD, and I decided to choose a blue and yellow gradient colour which I thought was a good balanced colour palette as it's quite neutral as well as has a very informative and fun tones to it, which reflects my intentions into what I'd like the app to showcase. 



However, as I was continuing with it, I got really stuck with the rest of the questions. I also struggled with how I could make it really fun and worth to do for the audience. And I felt it was really hard to pinpoint questions that audiences would not know about already. (Although, the point of the quiz was to get them to realise their own 'addictiveness', I questioned myself whether a quiz was really he best way communicate this, as audiences may actually get bored of it because they already know answer). 

Also, I think as I was trying to develop my app, naturally it started to change as instead of questions, I started to write in sentences and phrases instead which made it sound more of a narrative or story, and it was then that I started to make better progress with the app and actually flushed out more ideas on how I could execute the ideas that I formed before in order to communicate them successfully to the audience. So naturally, I decided to change my design from a quiz app, to a more narrative 'story' like app. 

No comments:

Post a Comment