Monday 27 November 2017

2 PM Crit for Design Principles

After generating ideas on our own we then had a critical where we share our ideas and get feedback from them and hopefully pint out how we can do it better and have new ideas to play with.

For my first idea of using the theory of contrast of temperature, I was suggested, as well as putting them on a warm and cold grid/spectrum I could also:
  • Arrange the different images in terms of hue or saturation which will then give me a series of images that i can put on pantone strips as part of one idea.
  • Make a map of the route and put the image on the map on where I found the image.
I agree with this suggestion as will definitely be something that I do as I think by doing these I am creating a broader series for one idea and will there give me a selection in which each pantone may look and feel different that another. I also think doing these suggestions will also help me generate more ideas whilst I do them as I may be think of other ways I can do them as well. 

For my second idea of using complementary contrast, I was suggested to  maybe not use leaves but instead use more artificial objects in order to get a more interesting result. I was also told to be more adventurous with it, therefore for this idea I was suggested to:

  • Maybe buy a morph suit and go around the are and take pictures in it while posing on different backgrounds.
  • Use clothes or your body with colour and take interesting poses on different backgrounds.
I think with these ideas I can probably take something interesting from it than only using leaves and scanning them in. I do think doing these as opposed to scanning objects in, makes the series more interactive and dynamic and will also give me a wider variety of unique photographs as well as usage of different kinds of backgrounds. However, I may not buy a morph suit as it cost quite a bit of money and may not arrive on time, however, I can wear a long emerald/green coat and take a picture in them on different backgrounds. I may also think of doing different poses with it on or maybe think of only having the coat on the picture to see the difference between the two.

For my third idea which I was having problems with as I was stuck on what to do with it, I was suggested to look at harmonious colours similar to what Johan Albers. They suggested:
  • For me to create 'harmonious series of colours' on different shapes and taking pictures of it and put it as a series (doesn't necessary be green or emerald)
  • From the colours and shapes that I have, get people to create their own 'harmonious colours' and I will then take pictures of it - maybe put in in context or give it a caption.
I liked these suggestions and certainly something I will try out. I think by doing these I'll be able to get a wide range of colour schemes and see what different peoples different interpretations of harmonious colours. I can also make this more interesting by not only using paper but also different materials if possible or maybe mix paper with different materials to have a more innovative series and photographs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment