Monday 27 November 2017

Ideas for my Design Principles

This week we are to research more about the 3 theories that we picked to do our publication around for colour. Today I picked three theories which I thought I could do: Contrast of temperature, Complementary Contrast and Subjective ...

For my research on contrast temperature, I thought of going outside on the streets and take pictures of objects which is close to the colour that I have (emerald) and later putting it on a grid or a spectrum which puts the different images into warm and cold categories. Maybe I could also make myself a rule of setting myself a route and try to find warm colours while going to and cold colours going back.

My second idea revolves around complementary contrasts I thought of using leaves and putting it on a pink background as well as different other colours and scanning them in order to see the different contrast they have on each other, and how the green appears on the background.

For my third idea I'm thinking of referencing the Subjective colour theory by Johan Albers, However,  I am still stuck on how to develop this concept further, although I am hoping that the crit that I will have will help me generate more ideas for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment