Thursday 9 November 2017

Third Typeface Development : Unconformable

I have included the KKK 'Katipunan' flag in my this design development form the fourth idea.


                

Having the flag as a simplified grid with the three K's shown as triangular lines on the rectangular grid kind of made it easy to develop the typeface from idea 2. However, I found it kind of difficult to place some letters such as 'I' and 'n', 'm' and 'q'  on the grid, partly because of Q's short descender and the repeated lines form n and m; also 'i' a single stemed letter. This may also have something to do with some of the letters looking different or not consistent with each other with some being very angular like 'a' and 'o' while ''r' and 'k' attained their curvy aesthetic. I want to develop these letters so that they become more consistent and has similar moods and personalities as because as of now the they seem fragmented and not part of the same type family. I will maybe develop this typeface by making the terminals smoother in order to possibly counteract the sharp lines that makes the angular qualities of the letter very prominent; though I still want to keep the angular qualities of the typeface as it does match personality and character that I want the typeface to have which is: strong, and bold.

 










No comments:

Post a Comment