Thursday 9 November 2017

End of Module Self Evaluation

In this module, I believe that the content was relevant to my development as I learnt how to research and develop work in a much more in-depth way than my previous studies. In addition, I also think that the briefs we were set is relevant and appropriate for the module as this is our first module; having briefs which introduces us effectively to the course is helpful as we are able to properly settle in the course as well as learn or refresh our knowledge of what we already know. Furthermore, I feel that the workload we were given is appropriate to the module as the work we were set helped us develop our designs further than we would probably do, and it has also made us reflect on our work frequently e.g. on our blogs. However, in my opinion I feel like I haven’t fulfilled my own learning potential during this module as I felt that I didn’t have enough time to do what I wanted to do, although this may because I’m not used to the pace and workload of the course compared to the course I attended previously. I was more sued to a linear way of working and being set tasks and work which will help me achieve a certain level, however, this time I’m expected to be more independent and spend less time ‘thinking’ which at times led me to feel blank and panicked, however as the module progress and has nearly finishes, I felt that I’m starting to settle in better and manage my time more effectively.

To add to that, the support given to me by the course team has been very useful as they helped me discuss how I could further develop my work and things I could do to improve not only my work but also my written analysation and evaluation. In addition, the feedback given to me during critiques has bene very useful and has helped me progress and spot problems with my work. Having people’s different points of view looking at my work has helped me improve my work as there may have been aspects of my work that I didn’t notice but was pointed put to me- both positive and negative. In addition, I was also able to change and improve my designs where there were problems, due to feedback given to me by my peers and the course team.

The Library resources available was satisfactory and has been helpful for me to produce my work physically. Although I did have to spend quite a bit of money in order for me to print and show my work in a good quality.  




No comments:

Post a Comment