Tuesday 5 December 2017

Liv Sidall Individual Tutorial

Yesterday, we got a chance to have an individual tutorial session with Liv Sidall who gave us a talk on her  experience in working in It'sNiceThat Magazine and Rough Trade.

I showed Liv my work on the colour theory publication brief and told her about what I was trying to do with my research publication against the brief that we were given. She liked my idea on the complementary contrast research about using my coat as the main subject of my research. She suggested me ideas on how I can maybe take the idea further by talking pictures of everything green I see everywhere, too much green in fact that it becomes insanely too much and abstract. She suggested taking close up shots etc. of images, or set myself rules like only taking pictures of green cars I see or something like that, as I mentioned to her that as I was given the colour emerald (green) all I can see now is green everywhere I go! She told me taking loads and loads of pictures as it may be more effective and more engaging that just talking a few of the same thing as it may seem lacklustre. I think I got some good ideas and inspiration from the individual talk with Liv as well as her talk and she has helped me with possibly pushing further with my project!

No comments:

Post a Comment