Friday 29 March 2019

SB1: Dance That I'm Mapping (Shang-rila by VIXX)

This is the dance that I'm going to be mapping which was the dance that was performed in the showcase, however, I'm only going to map the chorus as doing the whole song would be too long and it should be something that the audience can learn pretty quickly in the span of the time that they are at the exhibition (it's also the key point dance of the song therefore that is why I am doing it).

 (chorus is from 0:49 to 1:15)

They mostly use their arms and hands for big powerful movements which catches your attention which may also be because the have fans as props which they utilise throughout the performance, however on the other hand, looking at their feet movements, it's very detailed and complex with lots of quick to slow and vice versa movements. They mostly stay in one place, even when spinning which may help when creating the map as I don't have to think much about positioning and moving from one place to another. From looking at the dance and knowing the dance itself I think that I will take three points as the main bases of my map which are:
  • big arms movements
  • quick to slow and vice versa movements
  • utilising the kinesphere idea - centre of balance (staying in one place when dancing?) 
Thoughts & Reflections:

Having these three bases will really help me as I've narrowed down the important details which I think will help the audience in understanding and learning the dance. Thinking in heir perspective and my experience in learning I will take into account how I will highlight these key points in order for it to be effective and interactive. Maybe I could show it step by step with illustrations? use colours, different shapes etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment