Saturday 9 March 2019

SB2: Social Media Survey

I created a survey on SurveyMonkey in order to gather opinions and qualitative data from other people about their view on social media use and online identity. 


I created questions that would give me sufficient answers which are related to the topic that I am studying and picked apps which are mostly used today. The intended survey takers are young people therefore I picked apps that they would likely use; as well as narrowing down the types of social media apps that are in my study.  

  • Facebook - used for messaging, looking at post, friends and family, sharing videos pictures etc. tagging people and locations

  • Instagram - used for sharing videos and pictures, tags, comments, friends, family, "aesthetic pictures", "stories", tagiing people and locations, hashtags, insta filters.
  • Twitter - used for messaging, posting messages, reposts, retweets, limited to 140 characters, mentioning people, adding locations and hashtags
  • Youtube - used for watching and uploading video content, commenting, various options to create albums, favourites, watch laters etc.,
  • Snapchat - mainly for sending photos or videos which doesn't stay in the chat, snapchat stories, snapmaps, video replays, filters
  • Linkedin - used for finding jobs and employees, mainly professional setting, creating groups, linking employees together, full job description, contact numbers, emails etc. 
  • WhatsApp - free call/messaging service, sending messages, photos, videos etc, group chats, single chat rooms, family and friends
  • Tumblr - use for posting photos, videos, gifs, tagging people, reposting, customising URL's/ profiles etc., creative, tags, hashtags, commenting 
I also asked how often they use it as I wanted to know how long they would use it and if they use it for a long time, could I find out why? and how? As well whether they use it for personal or professional use so that I get to understand what kind of language/ activities they do on it e.g. post memes, profanity, or formal conversations. 

Hopefully, I will get a lot of answers so in order for me to have enough data to analyse and evaluate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment