Monday 18 March 2019

SB1: Interim Crit

Today I had an interim crit with Helena about SB1 mapping as it's due next week. Honestly, I have not been focused enough on this module yet because of the PPP submission, so I haven't had any further developments for it as of now. However, I did outline to her as much as I could about the brief and what I wanted to do and she gave me really good ideas. I also asked her if it was a 'right' idea because it's not really mapping a location but certain movements and the end point is to 'learn' the movements.

I also asked her, if it was worth making a flipbook or any other books (as I was telling her, how I was kind of getting sick of making books this year for each module and it doesn't really answer the interactivity part of the brief) which was suggested in the first crit, and she said no (glad she did!)

Feedback:
  • The Rodina - the do a similar thing to what I'm trying to convey, maybe research more on this.
  • Make a projection - not have it that space? think of the exhibition space? Could I have it just on the corner? 
  • How can I use space to make the projection interact with the audience ? 
  • Different viewpoints - how will it look form an angle, do the audience need to look at it from certain angle?
  • Highlight different parts of the body for movement emphasis - elbow, hands, knees, neck etc.
Thoughts & Reflections:

I thought the crit with Helena was really good and actually was much more helpful than the first crit that I had. Now I also had a clearer idea of which parts I could focus on e.g. movements of specific limbs etc. viewpoints or angles. How I still need to incorporate screen printing in a way here so I will need to research more on how I can do it in print rather than projection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment