Friday 29 March 2019

SB1: Design Development #3 (Screenprint)

These are the screen print developments that I've done for my map design. I choose three different colours which I think I could use for the map, and I thought choosing bright colours would be a good contrast to the black ink that I use for the illustrations. 

Upon doing the screen print I found it quite annoying how the design isn't fully being printed on the paper which kind of frustrated me. I'm also not very good with screen printing which didn't really help. I did continue doing it though and got some decent prints although they weren't really all printed well. 

I liked the one on the yellow paper the most, as I though it made the illustrations stand out the best. However, I don't think screen printing really benefit or elevate the design further other than the fact that it's hand made and the textures that it creates, therefore I don't think I will choose screen printing as the method for my final production. I want the production method to part of the overall design and concept more therefore I will have to find an alternative.





No comments:

Post a Comment