Monday 11 March 2019

SB2: Research Presentation Crit

Today we did our presentations as a group for 5 mins each with 5 mins feedback time.

I did have cue card with me, but as I was presenting it I actually felt a lot more confident than I thought and never looked at them and I was bang on 5 minutes with was great. After my presentation I got some feedback from the group which was:
  • What is the actual problem you're trying to solve/tackle?
  • How are you going to tackle this?
  • I can do a really plain social media where you can't really do anything on it?
  • The idea of certain apps being 'useless' and 'pointless' becomes "a meme of itself" because people still go o nit to take the piss. 
  • Certain apps are filled with different medias (e.g. Instagram for pictures, Facebook for text) - I could create a filter for each app that removes their stereotypical posts. 
  • Analyse myself more
  • But, Helena said she doesn't have a second account because who she is influences the way she is as a designer. - Identity*
  • Will and Charlotte said that there are some things that you want to express that you don't want future employers/client to see and how it's easier to look for inspiration than seeing a picture of someone halfway through scrolling (follow designers on design acc, and friends on personal so the posts that show up are tailored in relation to the followers). It's a filter in itself and it's not just about yourself but what you engage with.
  • "The way you project yourself, influences the stuff that comes back"
I realised that though I've done my research I've just done in on the general idea and not really pinpointed which of the points I wanted to look further. Therefore, I will need to do this more - I could look at the how what we put out is what comes back? (This was what Helena thought was interesting so maybe I can look more into this.) I also didn't know what to do next after yet, because I haven't really narrowed down the topic. I will researched more into one of the topics that I covered in my presentation - audience, convenience, personal vs professional or apps not being flexible and see which one is the most interesting and have the most things to talk about. 














No comments:

Post a Comment