Friday 2 February 2018

5x Poster Designs

From Monday's brief I've create five initial poster ideas for 'Cellphone Symphony" they all include all the information such as who its by and where and when it is held.

Design 1

This design idea was based on distorting printed numbers according to the number, e.g. 3 distorted three times, 6 distorted six times. The numbers were distorted by moving is while being scanned, giving it a very 3Dish and flossy effect with the light that got reflected creating a ;rainbow' effect which I found really interesting. i thought it looked really cool at first but as I was trying to design the poster, it didn't really work out and I think the type that I put over it doesn't really fit and shill be changed, To be honest, I didn't really like this design and I think I will change it or develop it better; maybe changing the type and it's layout and the numbers by possibly repeating it more etc.

Design 2

This design was based on the idea of the letters broken into different part depending on their place on the alphabet e.g three = three pieces. I think this design work quite well as the letter are being broken they are also being overlapped creating layers and a kind of pattern throughout and it also shows connected made between the letters and the numbers just like how the audience's phone numbers are all connected to  system in order to be part of the symphony. It can also represent overlapping audio and audio waves which work together in harmony. Having red and yellow gives the poster a strong contrast and shows the energy and mood that the concert will have. Next time, maybe I can make the poster by hand and see if I can photocopy and scan the images and overlay them to see how different the impression will make and how handmade marks differ from flat digital drawing.
Design 3

This design was based on how many strokes each number takes to write. I've noticed that 1-9 can be written in 1, 2 or 3 strokes therefore I divided 1 to 3 circles across the page. I've chosen circles as I thought they could effectively represent the smooth strokes and stimulate audio sensations. I've also chosen colours which contrast well with each other to give the poster more impact. I realise I didn't really play with the type that much and stuck to a normal Helvetica type through I thought it works okay and aids well to the poster as it is quite flat and simple.


Design 4

This design was inspired similarly by design 3 as the numbers are replaced by the letter correcting it on the alphabet. Though it is simple, I thought it could look good as it looks almost abstract and a code or equation that the audience need to work out. I thought doing this could grad the audiences attention and make them think of what it could be about.


Design 5
This design was based on the different types of notes the numbers make when pressed on an iPhone. The circles represent the different numbers and depending on the positioning of the circle the number is either a high note or a low note. Circles were chosen as circles were used to represent each number on the phone. The thick and thin 'squiggly' lines representing the connections between each number and notation, similar to how each audience's phone is connected to a different sound/ note. I think though this design is also quite abstract, it could also intrigue an audience and make them communicate with the poster by trying to figure out what it means. Again though, I do need to work on the type as it may be too safe. 


As most designs were digital it was because I didn't really have much time to do them, but I think as it did them I know that I should try more handmade approaches to make them more experimental and different than other posters, and think of it as if it isn't a poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment