Monday 26 February 2018

Final Poster

After actually creating the final two posters that I originally planned to have, at the end I decided to only pick the blue-green poster as I felt that it was more appropriate and a much better colour scheme than the red and yellow because i felt that the red and yellow was a bit too much and les more towards a kind of playful illustrative, kind of quirky atmosphere. Although, I did try printing out the final poster on yellow paper but found that the green lines faded to a more blueish colours which I didn't particularly like. I also thought of printing it on tracing paper as I thought the lines would look quite good with the transparent paper and I was quite happy with it and I thought it was a fun last minute experiment with the design. Also, I've asked my peers what they think and the majority have picked the blue and green. However, I did have a hard time creating the glitch effect for the coloured blocks of the design, however when the were printed I actually quite liked the kind of faint  grainy glitch effect, although I would've like to see a more glitch effect to see how it would look against the smooth lines overlapped. I guess the grainy effect did tone it down a bit because having the overlapped lines predominantly on the page with a very itchy effect may make it look quite gaudy and too chaotic. I was also satisfied with the type used and I think it works quite well with the design as I think manipulating type of choosing a serif font won't give it the same effect as it is now. Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the is poster design even though I had a really hard time in the beginning of  the module about it because I thought my ideas were a bit too obscure and didn't really fit with the ideas that everyone else had.

No comments:

Post a Comment