Sunday 8 October 2017

Studio Brief 2 : Interim Crit

In my interim criteria I showcased my five logotype design ideas for the rebrand of Rana Begum. In my interim criteria I have gotten feedback that would help me develop my ideas even further. 

Feedback for each Design Development


Logotype Design 1 - People seemed to like the idea of finding everyday objects and creating simplified letterforms from them but looking at the two developments I created it seemed that people liked the first one better as the other one seemed too typical and "seen before".  

Logotype Design 2 - Again people seemed to like this idea - "I really like the leaves underneath like if you screen printed that I if that's just all in one colour it'd look a lot cleaner and that will look really cool". 

"...turn leaves and patterns into a silhouette.." "you could make Begum out of the objects and have Rana as a different pattern on top.." "...cut the leaves in straight lines...give it some geometry" 

Logotype Design 3 - I never realised this, but people thought there are architectural qualities in this work which may have been inspired by Begum's architectural inspired sculptures; "I think you can have architectural qualities without having to be a skyline...this has got a hint at it..", "it suggest things it's more subtle..." , "I like it I think it's got a really nice aesthetic..." I was also suggested to have "...some white lines going through the black shapes.." 

Logotype Design 4 - As I presented this design idea right away people were quick to suggest to "slid them into each other", "push them together" even with my second development which was together on the leading - "they have to hit, they have to touch...", "I kinda wanna stretch yours and move them so they touch" 

For my lowercase design idea people liked it, however they thought it was too detailed and some bits cut off bits of the letters were maybe unneeded. 

Logotype Design 5 - This final design was thought to be my weakest design. The cut through the letters were noticeably done on Photoshop making it look like a GCSE style work. I was suggested to maybe cut some pieces out and scale them bigger or stretch them.

Overall Feedback

  • Maybe have some animated e.g. design 4
  • Put them in context
  • Think of the spacing between the letters - maybe form it into a box of pyramid - "make it into the geometry itself..."


No comments:

Post a Comment