Friday 6 October 2017

What is Studio Brief 2 about?

In Studio Brief 2 we are to produce five logotype proposals for a rebrand of our chosen artist or exhibition. We are also to experiment or take influence form Vignelli’s six basic typefaces. We must focus on changing and manipulating existing letterforms in order to express the essence of what the exhibition is about as well as to intrigue the target audience. In addition, we must also experiment with a range of processes such as forms and marks, collage and trace.

We will need to research about the artist or curator of the exhibition as well as the ideas behind the exhibition. What the main theme and concept of the exhibition. How the work in the exhibition communicate to the audience and how the audience may interpret the work in the exhibition. Also, if there is a specific target audience or is the exhibition targeted to the general public.

As of now, I may decide to choose the exhibition ‘Occasional Geometries’ to build my logotype on or it’s curator ‘Rana Begum’. Picking ‘Occasional Geometries’ can give me a general concept of the artist within the exhibition- some may overlap but overall they all share the same viewpoint and may help me on designing my logotype. On the other hand, choosing Rana Begum may give me more of an insight to her own practice and the ideas behind her own work.


For my initial ideas, I may begin to look at the Begum’s way of working and the reoccurring theme in her work; her influences and her main inspirations of her work. I may also begin to experiment with Vignelli’s six basic typefaces and make initial logotype ideas with typefaces that I deem suitable for the artist that I have picked.

No comments:

Post a Comment