Monday 29 January 2018

3x Poster Design Crit

At the end of the day, we had a crit on the posters that we created for 'Cellphone Symphony'. However, I was only able to create two rough designs out of the three as I ran out of time, however I do have an idea of how I will develop these ideas as well as create my third idea. I think in the future I will need to manage my time properly in order to not fall behind and get proper crits.

From the crit I listed the three most important questions and obstructions that I will answer and initiate in my designs.



Top 3 Questions

1) What was the rule used to dictate the position and manipulation of the letterforms?
  • The rule that I used was basing the design on the number of strokes in takes to write down the number and the position of the number 0-9 on the iPhone keyboard. 
2) What made you select those specific numbers/ letter? How will the text work within the design?
  • I used the letters as they are based on what letters are found on the place when the number keyboard is replaced with the letter keyboard on a phone. I'm still not sure how the text will work on the design but I will treat the design as a separate design so that it will give me more freedom and will not restrict me from just writing the info and placing it on a space on the page. 
3)Why have you cut out the images?
  • The designs were cut out based on how many strokes in takes to write the number down e.g. 2 = 2 stokes so cutting the paper twice and ending up with 3 pieces of paper.

Top 3 Obstructions

1) Use different typeface for every word
2) Try build background texture from the images
3) Use colour only.

  • I will use this suggested obstruction in my designs and evaluated them on whether they will work or not so that I can then decide if I want to make it as a significant aspect of the design or something that maybe I can alter in order to fit my design better.

No comments:

Post a Comment