Monday 8 January 2018

Collaging and Photocopying

For the last exercise I decided to do some collaging and photocopy.

The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas

For this book, I decided to centre it around the child and portraying a very rough sketch with different part missing or replaced in order to represent the child's lost identity in the world, and not being seen and known in the city as they are  being hidden in the cellar.

The Lottery

For the second book, I decided to visualise the tradition that the people do in the town where they circle around the chosen person that gets stoned. I think this effectively shows what the book can be about without giving too much away but at the same time also intrigues the audience.


2B R 0 2B

For the third book, I wanted to rerepsent the plot, where the population is being regulated, hence the portraits of people  in the collage, with the three photos having three small dots indicating ones the will die in the story. 

For this exercise I feel like I kind of just used my ideas from the pervious exercises as I was running out of ideas. I don't really think my ideas for these designs are very good, particularly the third one as I think if I was a reader I wouldn't really get the book from the cover and may mislead me from what the book is about as they design is very illustrative and looks a bit 'preppy' and 'teenage-y' which is not the book is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment