Monday 15 January 2018

Book Covers Interim Crit

This morning, we had an interim crit for our book covers and gathered feedback on which ideas we should go with.

Coming into the crit I think I got some good feedback which I can evaluate on and think about when developing one of my ideas further:

  • Maybe I can think about using numbers more/ or a series of something
  • Think about developing my excel drawings which could work well as book covers - using the grid cells form the excel files and putting numbers in it as background.
  • Maybe incorporate some of the graphic notations - think of its layouts and use of symbols and link it back to the book.
  • I was suggested on using smiley faces and symbols in order to portray misery.
  • I can maybe use the different approaches and designs for each book with a layout or a band on the top for the title and author to make the covers more consistent.
  • Research about different lottery tickets (The Lottery)
  • Infinity symbol (2br02b)
  • Maybe have it all black and white. (links to choice- only choosing from Yes or No) 
  • The Urbanomic Catalogue
From the crit, I quite like the ideas with the Visual Poetry design as I was suggested a range of ideas I can interpret misery and scapegoatism with the symbols, letter and numbers that I used, or also using different ideas from other set book covers which fits the books the best, developing them to fit more to the idea and story of the book I wasn't really sure with the excel drawings that got positive reactions for, as I initially thought they didn't really fit the aesthetic of the books themselves, being quite old classics, but I may try it out and see. I also think that because most of my ideas are conceptual and focused on a particular idea within the book, I can now have a clearer idea of different perspectives I can take the idea into and create developed designs with it. I think I just need to do more developments of the book designs I'm going to pick for my final outcome now and try to create a book cover fitting to the book's message and attract the readers attention with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment