Friday 5 January 2018

Photographing Objects based on 3 books

For this exercise I found objects which relates to the essence of the books that I chose. For photographing the objects I tended to  four on the negative space and white space on the background and kept the objects on one side of the page. I did this as I was thinking  where the title would go on the cover in relation to the cover layout as I thought it would balance the page out if done this way.

The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas

For this is book I picked 'chain' as the object of focus in order to express how the child in being restricted from their freedom, as a chain can reference being locked up and controlled. 


The Lottery

For the second book, I picked stones to signify the stoning tradition that the people on the town did in order to have good fortune for the year ahead. I used stones as I thought it would interest the audience enough when they see the book cover without giving away the content of the story too much, as the reader may be intrigued as to what the stones can signigy, what they're used for, who uses them, when and why they are part of the story.


2B R 0 2B

For the third book, I decided to use a telephone. I used the telephone as it is an essential part of the story, where it's also part of the title as the title is the number people call in order to have assisted suicides. Similar to the second book I used the stones to intrigue the audience and they may also piece it together with the title of the book. 


I think by focusing on the white space in the photographs can give my book cover wide range of way in with I can manipulate the composition of the different features that needs to be in eluded in a book cover. It can also help me establish a hierarchy with my book cover and where certain information will be most suitably placed.

No comments:

Post a Comment