Monday 8 January 2018

Using Marber Grid to make book covers (Crit)

After, making our book cover designs we then had a critical and looked at three people's work. Looking at three people's work I noticed that people used a wide range of colour in their work variations in order to create different aesthetic and mood for each colour which can help create the identity of the book. I also saw someone create one big design which can cover both front and back back which I thought was clever and something I might try out for my own book covers.


For my book cover' people have mostly commented on:

  • incorporating a bold colour e.g red on the black and white to create intensity on the book cover.
  • using the grid a bit more adventurously
  • I need to work on the sizing of the text to make the cover look balanced.
  • If they didn't know anything about the book they thought the book genre was thriller or mystery (I think I did alright at portraying the mood of the book as it is a thriller book)




I think for further development I'll have to think about incorporating different bright or pop colours which I can use in order to show attention to a particular part of the cover which can be an important thing in the book, which can intrigue the audience, and I think maybe doing this consistently across three book can be really effective as they can be seen clearly as a series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment