Friday 12 January 2018

Quick Peer Crit

I quickly showed some of my designs to a peer to get their opinion on it and was told that maybe it was too conceptual and that it may not be able too convey the idea of the book just by looking at the cover. I do agree with this a bit, and this may mean that maybe I can try out designs which are more object based and scenes and objects which are in the story itself to may be communicate a better book which relates to the story more directly.

However, as some of my ideas are based on concepts that occur in the books, however even though it may be conceptual I still think that it can relay the message and the underlying meaning of the book overall to the audience, rather than a specific scene or event in the plot. I also think that maybe the 'conceptual' designs will intrigue the audience further into reading the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment