Friday 15 February 2019

End of Module Evaluation

Overall, I think this whole module has been the most stressful and often unproductive I have ever been. Firstly, especially because we just came back form the holidays and had employability week for 2 weeks I think it had messed up my whole work schedule and pattern in general. I do understand that it is all part of the module and part of being organised and timing myself right, but at the same time, I feel like I just couldn't get enough time for myself in order to work on two briefs at the same time, because we also had activities that we had to do outside of employability week hours in order to present in actual employability week lectures, so I think that's when my work started to pile up.

I think the biggest mistake I made as well was the fact that I got really stuck on the SB1 RSA brief that I was doing that I've neglected the Graphic Design aspect of it that halfway through it, I was already questioning myself if I was doing the right thing or not, and because I was answering the RSA brief it felt like I was but at the same time, I wasn't and would probably not get a high grade because the work I was doing is not applicable to Graphic Design as much. I also didn't get to have a crits or ask questions because at the same time I didn't have much time to think about SB1 because SB2 was just slowly taking over my time more than it should, and I couldn't stop because it was a collaborative week and we had to work around everyone's schedule, especially because there were four of us. At the final crit though, I feel like all the thoughts that I've had about my work not really being applicable had just been confirmed, made me relieved and panicked in a way because now I know I can work around it to make it applicable to Graphic Design, but at the same time I only had 1 week to do it all, along with all the other work piling up. Although, I did manage to create a solution I know it's not the best I've done so far.

SB2 on the other hand was very easy going in a way that I was able to communicate with our collaborators really well as we had similar likes and ideas that we could bounce back and forth each other. Communicating and giving feedback and opinions was also really important, because at times I feel like the collaborators form Illustration wasn't really giving ideas or suggestions back but rather just confirming they are happy with what we had that i really had to go and ask them what thye think of specific things within the publication. Collaborating with Jocel, did help though because she was always there ready to bounce ideas and opinions with me and discuss things that I couldn't with the collaborators. However, during this whole module, SB2 was also taking over a bit too much of it which was constantly stressful, but I think we pulled through at the end.

All in all, I didn't quite enjoy this module much, and hoped that we had extra time on it as it seemed really short. The briefs that I did which seemed fun in the beginning became a bit too much sometimes however, I think that I pulled through and got myself on track again and made solutions and final outcomes which I'm okay about but not exactly happy with to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment