Wednesday 6 February 2019

SB1: Design Development

After doing my initial development sketches, in order to fit the brief criteria I finally started to sketch them digitally in order to make it look more professional and refined. I decided to make it look like an expanding diagram of all the parts of the table design in order to specifically show what they look like and for me to give brief explanations as to what it is and why they are there.

I think doing it in this format will make my proposal easier to understand and visualise as it is done in a format where each component is under each other,  just like how they would be when made physically. In addition, the addition of the zoomed in elements to show details also work really well because it pinpoints aspects that judges should look out in order to have a clear understanding of how the solution will be implemented in real life.

The colour I chose is also in reference to the material I want the solution to be made with in real life - wood. I think doing this just adds a bit more refinement to the proposal, and although it may not be exactly accurate to the material colour and or texture, it gives a better view and aesthetic reference. Furthermore, I also added brief descriptions of what and how the element will be implemented giving justifications to my solution and ideas.


Thoughts & Reflections:

Overall, I think that the proposal element is coming together well and I am showing and answering the brief quite well. However, as I've been doing this brief and have been researching more information about it, I fee like it's going way out of the Graphic Design sphere. Although, it is 'still' design it's more product than graphic, therefore I feel like now I've gone way too deep in this sphere and been answering the RSA brief more so that I've kind of neglected the module brief; that I've become quite lost on how I can bring back the Graphic Design to it. At the same time, I don't wanna back out form this idea as I realistically don't have enough time, plus I actually quite enjoy it. However, perhaps because I have all these visuals, references and research I think I'll be able to think of a way of implementing this to graphic design, although right now I'm not really sure yet what that is. Luckily, though we have our final crit on Friday and I'm thinking of showing this brief to them. Hopefully, I can get some confirmation and guidance on how I can bring back Graphic Design to this brief. Although, I know I probably don't have enough time I'm hoping to really tie this back round.

No comments:

Post a Comment