Tuesday 5 February 2019

SB2: Last Meeting with Collaborators

We had our last meeting with our collaborators in order to discuss the final refinements and production of the publication that we haven't discussed through email. It's also a chance for the to see physical experiments that we made and in order for them to have a more insightful and informed suggestion and opinion on the designs that we did.

For mine and Livvy's publication in particular, I was worried wether she was okay with how I edited her collages as I found myself feeling like I've overly edited them and maybe this was something that she didn't like because she may have felt that her work wasn't show enough. However, she completely disagreed and thought that how I edited her collages reflected the mood that we wanted to created therefore she was satisfied with what I've done which I was really relieved about. She's also shown enthusiasm on the layout of the whole publication and thought they were well composed and would be easy to follow and read. In regards to the paper stock, I told them how I preferred the Cyclus Offset as it was lighter and softer, which they also thought would be good - "zine like paper stock". 

Furthermore, they were also enthusiastic when we told them that we were gonna produce a small batch of the publication and distribute to the uni and possibly outside (Village). Overall, I think that it would be good to distribute it outside especially of uni and it would be great exposure for them and us as well as get other feedback from audiences that aren't necessarily or primary target readers. It would be interesting as if it will be successful or if we should just continue it within university grounds.

Thoughts & reflections:

Overall, the meeting was quite fruitful and we've received good feedback and everyone was really happy with the progress and how everything is turning out. Hopefully, we can finally print it out the small batch and finish them in order to be distributed in the university and outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment