Wednesday 6 February 2019

SB1: Research on Table Mechanisms

As I was sketching my ideas, I thought to further make my idea more plausible, it also needs to have functional and practical research behind it and some references on the bets way it can be made physically so I looked at some mechanisms which I thought would be appropriate in creating it.

Possible Mechanisms

Pull/Slide (for the pull out multipurpose table - I found that the easier way to possibly create this, is by using slidable metal rods screwed on the table which will slide one by one as the table is pulled out. It also include a lock mechanism screwed in order to keep the table still when being used. I did find another when it also includes a pull out table leg to keep it still, however it may be a hassle and a bit dangerous especially with little children around, therefore I think the slide rods are a better option.



Push to Open (for cabinet drawers) - For the cabinet mechanism, I found that push latches are the best, as they can be easily screwed on the side or bottom of the cabinet drawers. In addition, they can also be adjustable depending on the sizes of the cabinet. It's also quite small and hidden so it wont be noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment