Monday 14 January 2019

SB1 - Small Tote Bag Live Brief

In the midst of doing my studio briefs I've also decided to enter one of the university's live brief competitions which I thought was quite nice and something I can do that's relatively easy and will not take me a lot of time. I thought it's also a good start for me to get used to entering live briefs and possibly more in the future.



"I've thought of creating a very illustrative design in order to represent all the different aspects that we as students get to experience and learn in University. Some of the illustrations refer to certain courses such as Graphic Design, Photography etc., as well as key words which are part of the university's ethos. I use a circular design to showcase the inclusiveness of the university and how it's very helpful not just to one but to every single student. I've incorporated the logo in the design to show how the composition can work and the balance between the design and the logo in accordance to its size"


Initially, I thought of using typography for the design, however when one of the requirements said the logo was needed, I quickly changed my idea to be very illustrative. I chosen something that very fun and vibrant as I thought this represented the uni very well, and taking aspects of the course and making illustrations for them adds details to it as well. I thought this would also work really well screen printed and when actually produced I think it would attract attention due to it's details and overall bright and exciting atmosphere.

I'm not really hoping to win, because other people also probably thought of very good ideas and made great stuff, however I quite enjoyed this small brief and I think in the future I will continue on doing this; possibly following with small briefs like these to undertaking big briefs for companies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment