Monday 14 January 2019

SB2: Content for Pisces Publication

Today I started to create the content that's going to be in the publication, in order to get them ready and set to Olivia to possibly give her some inspiration for the visuals as well get her opinion on it as she more informed on the theme that I am (and I am just learning more about it now and becoming more interested in it). 

Introduction -

These pages will introduce the publication content (Pisces) to the readers and give a brief description of the Zodiac sing and its. I thought having most jargon would be most appropriate here however, I wanted to simplify it as I didn't want to overwhelm readers' with terminology they don't know and actually make them understand about it. Especially, when talking about the myth I wanted to make it sound really interesting as well as understandable and readers can follow it up on their  own. 

Quote

I haven't particularly added quite yet, but I thought having the quote on the first few pages on the publication, will help push the flow of the publication and smoothly start the contents following, keeping the pace of the publication. (Indicates to the readers that they are about to 'read' and take in knowledge from this point of the publication).


Contents -

For the content pages, I tried to use as little astrology/horoscope jargon as well as relate it back to the university lifestyle in order to the main audiences and readers of the publication. e.g. using examples such as "You can probably find them sitting in the “secret corners” of the university. Or probably spending more time in their course studios, doing more work than they should." Similarly, for the for the summary horoscope for each of the signs, I used simple descriptions and general overviews as I thought it would be very convenient and easy or the readers to understand it better than having fancy words to describe. 


After finishing creating the content I sent an email to Olivia in order to give her some context behind the visuals that she might be creating. As I've already told her that I'm focusing of the fantasy, ethereal aesthetic for Pisces, I'm hoping that she will create visuals that are similar to what I have in mind as she seems to agree with my descriptions about Pisces as well. Also, as she knows more about Zodiac signs than me I feel that she will be able to create visuals witch will be perfect and successful in presenting the mood that we are trying to bring out of this publication.


Thoughts & Reflection:

Overall, I think this is sufficient amount of content information. I also got a reply from Olivia, and it seems that she is on track with everything and also thought the content that I have are good enough and will be sufficient information for the publication and the readers. Though, because she did say she just had a hand in, I didn't want to be pushy and ask her to do a lot as I understand that she may be quite tired. However, because we are meeting on Wednesday, hopefully she'll have stuff to show us by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment