Tuesday 15 January 2019

SB2: Content for Pisces Publication (Refinement)

Jocel sent me the content that she has for her 'Aquarius' edition, and I really liked how she's worded her paragraphs as it sounds really friendly and has an upbeat tone to it, fitting the target audience of the publication. I thought, that I would have to make few adjustments to my own edition, because both publications have to be cohesive, not just design wise but also content/tone of voice as well, because even thought we are doing this together and two of use doing different issues, the audiences aren't aware of this therefore they'll need to be presented with publications which sound like it was wrote by one person, in order to fit together and in the long run create publication own image and tone that the readers will gradually recognise, anticipate and aware of. 

email from Jocel

1)2)
3)4)



Refinements to Pisces Content Publication

For the refinements that I've done, I decided to make it sound more approachable and almost conversational to the readers, to mimic the idea of being 'told their fortune'. As well as, that I've added the page numbers on the pages which I thought would go well and could go in the publication, also considering pages for DPS's for illustrations and purely illustration pages to keep the pace and composition of the publication balanced. However, these are not final yet, as I'd need to see Olivia's illustrations as well in order to decided which fit best and how they could be incorporated along with the content side by side. Furthermore, I also changed the sumarrative horoscopes for the signs, leading to the more 'horoscope' approach rather than summaries of the signs itself as I've realised while reading Jocel's summaries that the readers will probably be more willing and if not would like to know this kind of information more than the previous one's I've wrote.



1) Summarative Horoscopes (New)
2)3)4)


I've also emailed Jocel and Olivia about this to make her aware of the changes I've made with my publication and why I've made them.

email to Jocel


email to Olivia
Thoughts & Reflection:

Making this refinement to the publication has given me a more insightful way of approaching the content and having communicated with my other collaborators e.g. Jocel has also helped me know which tone I should take it. It made me make sure that both publications have to be very cohesive not just design aesthetic wise but also content structure and tone of voice for the audience to know the theme and structure of the publication itself in order to shape an identity for the publication. Hopefully, tomorrow we can make more progress for the publication especially starting to create the layout and composition of it as we will get to see the visual content from our other collaborators (Olivia and Nusheen), having these parts of the content will hopefully speed up the process of finalising the size and pages of the publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment