Tuesday 15 January 2019

SB2: Understanding Zodiac Signs and Horoscopes Better

In creating content for the Pisces publication, I found myself having some difficulties with understanding some of the readings that I've researched as they mostly used astrology and horoscope jargon e.g. houses, retrograde, ascendent. Experiencing this confusion first-hand I've realised that I needed to simplify the content as they need to be relatable and easily understood by the readers/ target audience (general university students). I decided to read up on the terminologies and understand their meaning in order for me to articulate the writing content in a way in which the readers can understand them in simpler forms.

Ascendent: angle in which next zodiac sign is approaching in the east at a specific time and location  of an event. Often related to birth context - basically the angle in which the following zodiac is in the east on when and where the person is born.

Aspect: angles in which planets make with each other making type of relationships/connection

Birth Chart/ Natal Chart: diagram representing the position of planets the moment a person is born. Positioning is related to info about the person's life.

Houses: birth chart divided to 12 sections, each house representing a certain experience or energy e.g relationship, money, health and well-being. A planet's location in the houses on a birth chart shows how the experience will affect a person.

Retrograde: when a planet appears to move 'backwards' in the sky. If a planet is 'in retrograde' on your birth chart, the planet's energy is felt in a deeper more internal way by you.

Thoughts & Reflection: 

These are just some of the jargon I found the most whilst researching for content and have been used the most, therefore I thought they were the most important in considering how I'd word the content in my publication. Also, while looking these up, I found myself becoming more engaged and interesting in the theme and overall having a better understanding of the sign's characteristic's while reading up on them. I hope to do the same for the readers of the publication, therefore I found this quick research to be very helpful and essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment