Saturday 10 March 2018

Publication Two: 26 Characters Experiments

My objects: headphones, charger, lip balm, plaster and post-it-note

I was struggling a lot with coming up with ideas for this publication because I thought we had to have 26 ideas in total for each picture, however after clarifying the brief again, I started the publication with comic up with one main idea with I could take into several views and take 26 photos based on that idea.

My idea was using the theme of hierarchy, as in which object I use the most and use the least. 

Idea 1
  • For this idea, I created a flip book which showcases all the objects overlaid on top of each other based on how often I use them with the headphones being on top as the most and post-it-note on the bottom as the least. Doing this already shows the relation of the object to the theme as they can be realised that they are in some sort of order as the flip book is flipped because one by one the objects started to disappear from the page. Also, instead of only doing twenty six photos, I decided to take photos based on the movement of the objects to give a more fluid movement of the flip book. 

Idea 2
  • For my second idea, I decided to create a concertina book. I took exaggerated photos of the images to show details of scratches and wear of the objects in order to demonstrate the duration of time as well as highlight which object I used the most and the least. The concertina is also back to back as readers can follow the narrative front to back and see how much the changes happen of the objects within the publication. I think using a concertina is quite effective for this as it can clearly show the structure of a narrative but also has some dynamic appeal to it due to its shape which can appeal to the readers/audience more. 

Idea 3
  • The third idea for this publication was to use the scale of different page sizes to show which objects are higher up the hierarchy and vice versa. The book is pamphlet stitched together as it was the most effective way for the pages to flip. It's also an interesting way of showing which objects are deemed the most important and the larger the picture the more exaggerated it is, therefore how it's used and how long it's been worn out can also be seen as well further emphasising the hierarchy of the objects. Thus, I think that creating the publication in this way has effectively showcased the them of this publication to the readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment