Saturday 10 March 2018

Rohingya Crisis : Uncomfortable Images

For my uncomfortable images I decided to use the crisis in Myanmar (Burma) at the moment which is the ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya Muslim people. The Rohingya people are currently a stateless community due to Myanmar denying the people citizenship. This has also resulted in the mass killings, starvation and refuge of the Rohingya people to neighbouring countries like Bangladesh. However, Bangladesh is also trying to 'get rid' of the Rohingya people in the country.

This for me is something that very  uncomfortable and disgusting as I really just can't believe how someone or a country would do such a thing to a minority of a country and make actions such as killing just because of their beliefs and traditions. As someone who is a minority and comes from a country full of different traditions and ethnic background it saddens me to see this kind of thing happening in the world. In addition, it also saddens me how the rest of the world has very little information about this crisis, such as that I was talking to my friends about this topic and them not knowing what it was and where it was happening. I also think that even when it is shown and reported it is still watered down and kept small therefore people don't really know how severe the crisis is; and it's only when you really read articles about this that you will really see the full effect and devastation it is causing to the Rohingya people.





No comments:

Post a Comment