Thursday 15 March 2018

Informal talks with peers about final publication

I've decided to talk and get opinions from other peers about the state of my publication as I feel like maybe I should improve it a bit more. I asked whether I should change the thread colour of the binding for my publication to red like the crit that I got, however people have told me to maybe stay black as it goes well with the 'silent' idea and it keeps the aesthetic of the book 'complete' quite well. Other people thought, maybe white would be a better option as it can effectively juxtapose the theme of the publication as white has connotations of being pure and clean however the subject is the opposite of that. I also got another suggestion of maybe binding the other side of the publication in white making the publication completely closed only for it to be cut of by the reader to read through. However, although this can give my publication and interactive element to it, I think it's not necessarily relevant to the subject of the publication.

From these further discussions that I got I think that I will keep the threading of my publication as it is because after putting it against a white thread I felt that it was a bit out of the book and stand out a bit too much compared to the neutral and dark colours used for the stock and images. I've also decided finally that I'm going to keep the publication as it is as I don't really have enough time to do it again, and from the critique and other comments that I got while taking with peers it appears that my publication is good as it is and works effectively and answers the question it is trying to answer well.

No comments:

Post a Comment