Saturday 17 March 2018

End of Module Evaluation for OUGD405 Design Process

At the start of this module with the Cellphone Symphony task I felt very lost and didn't really know what I was going to do as they brief was explained quite quickly and I was flustered at how fast the brief would go, because I thought I wouldn't really have enough time to come up with ideas that I'm satisfied with. At the end though, I came up with five ideas, however some I was not sure about because I felt that they were not really answering what the brief was asking me to do, unlike what I've gathered from other people ideas in crits. The brief was also segregated into parts and felt quite disjointed with all the breaks that we had, therefore it made it even more difficult for me as I felt I had too much to do. Also I tried to be more independent as I couldn't see Ben and Pat for a some weeks and honestly felt like my ideas weren't going anywhere, so I relied more on peer critiques instead. This allowed me to have a better understanding of the brief as well as have a more solid idea of my poster design which led me to my final design which Iw as quite happy about at the end.

For the publication brief, I also felt a bit confused at first. I was also quite daunted with having to do three publications but I think as the module went on and we actually started making and creating ideas for it, I felt more at ease. I really enjoyed the first publication as it was collaborative and I had the opportunity to work with other people and get ideas from other people as well. However, I found the second publication the hardest, as I thought we had to create 26 different ideas for each photos, plus O wasn't really sure how I could link all of my object together. I did spend a lot of time thinking of ideas rather than just going with one and see what I came up with, which I really regret. However, Ben and Pat did clarifying and helped with explaining it better which pushed me to actually do designs which I was quite okay with. The third publication was the one I was the most engaged in and probably the one I felt that knew what I was doing right in the beginning. For this publication I felt more confident and create a design which I took further and made into my final design at the end, which I was really satisfied with.

Overall, as the module progressed, although I did have a lot of moment where I felt really lost, I was able to be more confident at the end and also understand the module a bit more through the help of my peers and Ben and Pat, and also overall I was happy with the module and how it was set out, although my only regret was that maybe it could've been introduced sooner to use because then I would've had more time to think of better ideas and create better designs, especially for the Cellphone Symphony brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment