Saturday 10 March 2018

Publication 1: Fanzine Factory Experiments

For our group publications I decided to put my own twist to the existing ones our group agreed with in order to keep it individual to myself and also has my own interpretations of the theme of the book.

Idea 1

  • My frist idea was to print the book out normally on a5 paper and insert some tracing paper and trace over the important parts i.e. the eyes of each collage, this will highlight the key theme of the book as well as direct the readers attention to it. I didn't really particularly like this idea as I thought it was too straight forward and didn't seem too interesting for me. 

Idea 2
  • My second idea was to make quite possibly challenge what a normal book size is by making it square. Also I've decided to put a bit of colour to it by having yellow a yellow half cover to it and to correspond to this, fact about eyes are also printed in yellow flaps inside the booklet, making it more interactive for the reader. However, as I was stab-stitching it I realised that the flaps were a bit short so they don't really fold properly which defeated its purpose however, I still think it adds some fun and interest to the book as theres more dynamic elements to it.


Idea 3 
  • My third idea was to take the eye in context of the opticians and reference the page sizes with the alphabet test you get when you get your eyes tested. The pages of the publication gets smaller and smaller to link this reference and I think it's a good way of coming about this theme and although it may seem a bit direct it still looks fun and may also be interactive as the pages can be ridiculously small making the readers feel like they're actually doing the test as the images may get ridiculously small as well. 














No comments:

Post a Comment