Friday 23 March 2018

Choosing my Micro-Genre

The first studio brief of this module 'Design Practice' is an individual practice and we are to chose a micro-genre of music to base three designs for: a cassette tape, an A1 size flag and an object.

I searched for a micro-genre through everynoise.com, and at first I wanted to do Korean Pop as its a genre that I've listened too for a long time already and know quite a lot of, however after thinking about it for some time I figured that if I use it, my researched might be too biased or I may try and focus myself on something that I'm already drawn too which may end end of me making pastiche designs so I decided to not use it instead. However, there is a much lesser known genre that I'm quite interested in and is a sub-genre of hiphop which is K-hiphop or Korean-hiphop. I'm thinking of using this micro-genre as I think it would be interesting how it's different to American hip-hop and the influence it had as well as the cultural aspects it has. 

No comments:

Post a Comment