Thursday 15 March 2018

Final Publication Final Crit (Uncomfortable Images)

Today, we had a critical for out final publication which for me was the uncomfortable images publication.

I got various different feedback for my own publication and I think this would really help me in the future for other briefs and design decisions. From the crit, people enjoyed my use of paper stock as it "feels raw and natural". Also, my intention of having text in separate pages in the book to create phase some to be effective as it "helps for the images and text to not compete for attention". People also mentioned how my use of colour as it "conveys the mood well".

However, I think that I need to write my rationale in more depth as I seem to miss out justifying my use of paper size, image layout and font choice. I will do this, in order to clearly justify my design choices according to the theme of my publication. There were also some text and image that went wrong in my publication that I didn't see before and I'm thinking of maybe leaving or taking out specific pages and redoing them but this may become too fiddly as I made the publication by hand. I was also suggested to maybe make the binding thread a different colour to contrast the black and white aesthetic, but i don't know if that well be too contrasting for the mood or not, also adding more blank pages in my publication would've been better as well.



Also while going round different people's publications, publications that had an interactive aspect to it caught my attention, as I thought they were a cover way of keeping the readers interested and also adds a very playful aesthetic to their publications which works really well with their theme. I also like how they've utilised their theme and gone through different viewpoints in order to make it more creative and innovative. 


example of other student's interactive publications

No comments:

Post a Comment