Monday 12 November 2018

Design For Screen Initial Ideas

After the briefing this morning, we had some time to think about initial idea for our DFS's. Initially, I had no clue what to do, however, as I started to drop down things that are of interest to me I got some ideas down at the end.
  • Food - As I like to cook a lot I tend to buy lots of ingredients and products for cooking, however I end up cooking the same thing with them and it gets a bit boring. I've thought of maybe having an application which lets you take a picture of the ingredients that you have to scan. After scanning the ingredients, an algorithm will come up with recipe suggestions using the ingredients that you have. I thoughts this would be quite good as it gives you a variety of option as it can be sued for something as simple as eggs. It would also be quite easy to use and easy to access, which can be sued by almost everyone everywhere. However, if I was to pick a target audience for this idea, students of people who live alone may be the best option as their lifestyle would be quite similar, as well as the things that they buy may tend to be simple ingredients as well, therefore using the app may give them a bit more experimental and new food to try with the same ingredients that they use.
  • Drinking - I thought of an app which lets you control the amount of drinking you do while out in order for you to stop over drinking or doing stupid things in the first place. The drinking app can be used similar to a puff device used for drunk drivers, where users can puff during certain times in order to estimate the amount of 'drunkenness' someone is at; after reaching a certain level, it may tell the person to stop or tell them how many pints or shots they can have before being completely drunk. Another idea was to have the user puff to the app before drinking which sets a timer to completely lock the phone after someone is drunk in order to avoid calling or doing things that can be stupid or embarrassing. 
Thoughts & Reflections:

Honestly, I think these ideas are a bit weak and crap however, I thought I might as well write them down in order for me to generate more ideas and expand from these concepts and points further. IN addition, I've also talked to my peers about my ideas and they said that maybe it can be elevated a bit more; also I've talked to Orlando about my ideas as well as he said how the idea about students and food is a bit too saturated, so maybe if I was to stick with this concept I might have to find something really different and unique that someone hasn't really thought of for me to do and be a viable thing that people can be interested in. After, hearing this, I actually thought that the area that I'm doing is indeed very much saturated and a lot of things have been done therefore my ideas may not be as good. However, I will obviously continue generating more ideas based from these ideas and hopefully have better and more innovative ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment