Monday 19 November 2018

Low Fidelity Wireframes

After doing my draft sketches, I decided to create my wireframes on Illustrator giving them a bit more detail and refinement in order for me to visualise how the application will work. I also made it with the arrows in order to get into some detail with some of the options as well as a clearer walkthrough of how the application can be worked and used by the user.



When the users open the application, they will be greeted with an icon of a globe which they will need to press in order to get on the main interface. Instead of giving the users prompts like 'Press Here', I thought, the users will already know what to do anyways as they are a technology savvy generation I think, therefore they'll do what to do. From my sketches in my previous blog I've also made changes such as only having one main page instead of three for each mode. I did this so the users don 't have to keep going back to the start up page when changing modes as they may feel like they're wasting their time and it may be annoying for them to keep coming back ad forth in the interface; it may also start to feel quite repetitive for them and may prompt them to stop using the application. Instead of going back to the start up page, the users can click on one of the options on the bottom tabs, which can lead them either to the 'Save', 'Take Picture' or 'Speak/Speech' mode which will then pop up a similar interface similar to the type interface in relation to the mode that the user is on. 

Instead of having a 'More Details' page that I've intended to do, for the translated language type box, I've broken down what it's going to include as it's the most important part of the interface as it's the part that gives the users the information they need. I decided to break down the information that can be obtain so that the users won't be confused and be overwhelmed by the information presented to them. Breaking it down to 'Definition', 'Context' and 'Synonyms' the users will get the important linguistic terms and uses of the word/phrase/ sentence that they've translated giving them a full breakdown of it as well. I've also thought using a highlighting tool that will highlight the important parts (especially in sentences so that the users can identify them within the sentence structure - also, if I was to do this, would I need to show the actual sentence structure? Do I also highlight the subject, object, verb, adjective in the sentence? or is that a bit too much irrelevant information? Maybe, if I do this, I might confuse the users; in addition, doing this may alter my target audience to linguistic or language enthusiast which is not my intention. I think, going into too much detail will just complicate my interface in turn making in into a bad UI for my actual target audience and won't serve it's rightful purpose. 

For the 'Saved' folder and 'Language Selection' I decided to separate them by countries as it would only make sense to keep order of the translations by their country of origin (especially for the 'Saved' folder), this way the users can easily navigate through which saved translation they want to go back to in relation to the country it's from, because most likely the users are more interested in the country the language is from when finding it.

Furthermore, from my last sketch I also added some new details which would make the interface easier to use, such as 'Back' buttons and the 'language selection' button always on the top centre. The 'back' button indicates to the user to go back to the main page if they want to whilst the 'language selection' button is always there for quicker access on changing languages instead of going to the main page.

Thoughts & Reflections:

I think after doing this new sketch and drawing it up on Illustrator made me think more of the details the application can have, such as having 'back' buttons and constant buttons for easier access. Also, because I've drawn it up on Illustrator it also made me think of the process the users go through whilst clicking a button therefore making me think of easier ways to access it, and ways in which it's presented in a simple and concise way to the users. Overall, I think that through this I've came up with a structure which I am happier about and something which I think will work and will be effective in presenting the users the information that they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment