Thursday 15 November 2018

Hard Cover Experiments

I experimented right away with the hard cover idea that I was suggested to do. I think the hard cover idea is actually not that bad and I feel like it would actually make my publication look a lot better as it looks quite polished and well done. After, making one attempt I felt like the mount board was actually too thin (a). I thought maybe it wouldn't stand out and feel like much of a cover when put over the pages of the publication therefore I decided to create another one, this time I stuck together three mount boards to make it thicker (0.5 cm) appropriate enough to be a 'hard cover'. (b) I actually like this thickness a lot better because as I was handling it it felt much better on my hand and felt much more firm and would probably help my publication pages to be more compact. It's also much heavier therefore it would properly hold up the publication very well. Overall, as well I feel like it will give my publication a balanced look and make it look very professional.

a)


b)


No comments:

Post a Comment