Wednesday 7 November 2018

INDESIGN LAYOUT

On Tuesday I decided to create the InDesign layout for my publication as I'm planning to create a mockup of it on Wednesday. On Monday I laid out the layout that I'm intending to make on paper as I wanted to make sure to make my publication will hopefully turn out right.


I've set the bleed to 3mm in case information form the publication may get lost when I trim down. In addition, I've adjusted the width of the my book 3mm instead of 129 it's 132 as I wanted to make sure it would look optically right when I out the binding on. Also, as I've been told by Michael during the InDesign induction I used A3 pages to put my design on so that I could make sure I would cut it down properly and I would not lose any design or information from my publication, also it would give me some space for errors. Hopefully the layout will print alright if I follow the steps I've learnt from the advanced InDesign induction last week. 

In addition, because I have some laser cut pages in my book, I've also made separate layouts for them on Illustrator which I will also laser cut tomorrow. 


Tomorrow, hopefully I can print these out properly or mostly right, so that by the end of the week I'll have refined the actual final publication layout and know how to print and bind it properly so that I could just gradually create the final publication when we start doing Studio Brief 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment