Thursday 22 November 2018

Low Fidelity Wireframes (in more detail) For Friday Crit

For tomorrow's crit, I decided to give my wireframes a bit more details with a bit more context in order to hopefully get as much feedback as I can and make them more understandable and clear.




Colour: I've thought of maybe having a yellow and blue colour scheme which is quite a good contrasting colour palette which can enable it to have a friendly and bright feel and as well as informative and educational undertone to it as well making it more trustworthy and useful.  

Main:  For the main pages of the interface, though, I feel like the yellow and blue will be a bit too much and challenges the legibility of the information therefore I was thinking of possible subtly using the colour scheme instead through the icons and symbols? or the highlighting options?

Type: For the typography I want to use a sans serif typeface for easier legibility as well as give it a contemporary, clean aesthetic. For this wireframe draft though I've used Helvetica as there were no other sans serif typeface available for the mock up which I wanted. I want the type to have a friendly and informative (educational) feel to it and a more softer rounded sans serif as opposed to rigid and very geometric type would be more suitable. I also think it would be more engaging to the users due to the bright and welcoming feel that the interface will give, especially because the interface will be very text heavy I think it's important for the type to always be very engaging and pleasant to look at in order for the users to keep using as well as give them good UX, as opposed to a very boring and dull interface and type.

Icons and Symbols: For the icons and symbols that I'm going to use, obviously for this mock up I've used standard icons used by other apps however when I come to create the actual wireframe for my UI, I'm intending to create more stylised icons for the application in order to give it a consistent colour scheme, size, weight and layout throughout the interface. In addition, because some of the symbols and icons will be constant through the application it's important for them to be consistent as well, in order for the users to learn the UI quicker as well as be pleasing to the eyes when being used.

Thoughts & Reflection:

I wanted to develop my previous wireframe structure more as I felt like it was a bit too basic and similar to other translation apps and by creating a more developed version with the design elements and some content, I felt like it helped me differentiate my application more and gave me a better idea of the structure of the app and how everything works as well as what other structures and features I could have on it that are not in other translation apps. Because I think at first when I was making the wireframe, I got stuck in the rabbit hole of making it a 'translation' app that it started to feel like any other apps, and I totally forgot how it's giving the users much more content that usual apps and by focusing on this instead I will create a much more innovative UI design to make it effective and solves the users problems. I tried going about this by trying to focus more on unique features and information I can give users especially on the 'More Details' option. I think by having this I've started to differentiate my application to other applications making it more appealing and useful to my niche target audience them more willing to use my application than others as they are getting much more than just a translation but also an insight information to how the local society in the country uses the word/phrases which they can then use to integrate in the community in a much quicker, accurate and efficient way. Overall, I think I became more confident with my application and its UI in relation to its UX whilst I was making it, and hopefully in tomorrow's crit I will get insightful feedback and critique from my peers, and from these feedback hopefully I can develop my application further as I can gather suggestions and criticisms not just from me evaluating my work and my peers who have seen my work, but also other people who may think in a different point of view as me and give me new ideas which I can interrelate to the development of my application.

No comments:

Post a Comment