Tuesday 27 November 2018

Translate Your English App - Development #1


Today I made a rough development of my high fidelity wireframe for my application and I wanted to know how a user might find it and how they will use it so I got some of peers to try it out, also in order for me to get some feedback before the final crit on Friday. Furthermore, Ive also taken into account the feedback that I got from the silent crit and tried to lessen the navigation the users ahd to do in the app. by putting all the 'More details' information in one frame (a), I realised it actually looks better this way as the users can read all of the info in one go and save them in one go as well, also they don't have to keep going back and forth to frames which may lessen their attention span and bore them. In addition I've also decided to have an orange and green colour scheme as these colours evoke concentration and a playful atmosphere at the same time, which may incline the users to keep using the app and learn the information quicker as  they are faced with a more energetic and bright aesthetic.

a)

From what I've gathered the navigational features seemed quite clear and my peers went through it quite smoothly although they did say that they got confused with some of the buttons like the mic button (b) on next to the 'Save' and 'Delete' button, as they thought it was the same as the mic button at the bottom. However, it was actually intended to be a 'Listen' feature for the pronunciation of the word, therefore I may need to change this button in order to give a clearer indication of symbols to the users.
b)

They also mentioned how the overall aesthetic and the design of the application could be much better and they didn't really like it, which I was kind of glad they pointed out as I wasn't sure of it myself either. Especially, while I was designing at the beginning I thought it looked good however, as I added the other frames and the app started to take shape I felt like the layout got a bit too much and I didn't really know how to change it and I was glad I got the confirmation that it wasn't good as well so I could confidently change it. They suggested maybe don't have the white boxes as it made them feel like they had to write something as I've realised that it would actually make users naturally feel the need to type. Also they suggested to lessen the use of colours? maybe use them as spot colours instead? As well as maybe have a keyboard option too! because I completely forgot about that feature. 

Thoughts & Reflection:

Overall, I got really good suggestions and criticisms in order for me to develop my design further. I will definitely take into account what my peers gave me as feedback and hopefully the design will be a bit more refined in time for the Friday crit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment