Friday 16 November 2018

Lost in Translation Translation Brief

I decided after comparing this idea to my other ideas and the good response from the group crit that the English translation app idea is the idea that I will take forward for this brief. I think that choosing this idea would give me lots of content to include in my app e.g. actual translations of words and giving it context, linguistic aspects etc. For the UI as well I will hopefully be able to create a simple interface that will be easy to navigate as the message and information that I'm trying the users to get is quite straight forward. In addition, I also think that having it as an app will be more effective than a website because phones are portable and can be taken anywhere as opposed to computers that are less compact. I think the target audience is also appropriate for the app, as I feel like it will be quite useful for people who are moving to another country (*my main audiences will be these demographic, however it may also be useful for ordinary people and tourists) in order for them to learn local terms and society norms to help them in their everyday lives.
Overall, I think I've put enough information in this brief that encapsulates my main point and idea of what it's going to be, who it's going to be for, how it will be used and why they will be using it. Although, I might still refine it more as I get more feedback and develop my idea further - also I might need to change the name as its too long at the moment, something short and snappy will work really well which can be memorable to the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment