Friday 20 April 2018

5 J Card Initial Ideas

Today we started our initial ideas for our cassette tape cover designs. I decided to use the J2 J card design because it gave me enough space for design as well as the text through the extra flap design.

1) This design aims to represent the major and minor scene of Korean Hiphop. Through my use of two contrasting I aimed to show this, as well as the contrasting designs for each colour of the design. I also thought the wraparound colour would work really to really emphasise this. I exaggerated crops of my previous designs but I think I'll try and find a more fitting image to play around with as it doesn't really fit the concept well.

cover
inside design
2) I aimed to show the internal rap structures and parallel use of syllables for rhyming in the Korean Language. I tried to be representational in my design by heavily incorporating geometric designs. I think the inside design works quite well, but I could've emphases the structure and repetitiveness of syllables more by making the geometric design more parallel of each other. 

cover
inside

3) The aim for this design was to emphasise the culture that was incorporated into Hiphop which was brought in from America. As Korean rappers aimed to localise the genre by using the Korean language to rap ing I have incorporated the Korean language through typography. Also, I incubated collages of King Sejong, who created the Korean language in an attempt to make it more traditional. I also chose the colours of the Korean flag, which gave it a really nice bright contrast. Out of all the designs I made, I like this one the best, and it's something I can probably work better, e.g. the background repeated pattern. I could probably use other patterns of textures incorporated in Korean culture in order to emphasise the localisation further, e.g. instrument, fashion etc.
cover
inside

4) This design aims to represent the trap feel of the music that became the trend starting from 2011-2012. I think it's quite representative of the current Korean Hiphop music sound and scene. The minimal design is also representative of the beat and electric feel of the tracks although I may need to think about maybe putting in more designs as it may be too minimal.


No comments:

Post a Comment