Sunday 15 April 2018

Korean Hiphop Playlist: Side B

For this side of the tape I wanted to showcase the newer and younger rappers. These rappers use newer beats and have a more unique flow to themselves. I wanted to do this because I kind of wanted to show the differences between how the older rapping in Korea varies now to the younger and newer rappers, and it also shows the different generations of Korean rappers which I thought would be quite fitting to show the development of the micro-genre in the country.

The artists on this side are artists that I am more familiar about and have listened to therefore it was easier for me to look for songs and artists. I relied less on the recent artist option and probably only used it two or three times. I've also noticed that most of the tracks have lots of featuring in it and I think this may have reflected the 'underground' rappers culture of the rappers knowing each other therefore being featured in each others songs. I've also added tracks for Kpop idols who rap because I think that Kpop idol rappers such as (Ravi, Agust D and Seventeen) are slowly being stereotyped less now due to rap shows that get them recognised as 'rappers' by other rappers in Korea.

Again, this is also a drafted list and will probably change in order to effective showcase the variety of new generation rappers in the Korean hiphop scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment