Saturday 14 April 2018

Final Colour Theory and Grid Systems Publications

These are my final publications for the colour and grid project.

Colour Theory

I've decided to make the publication quite easy to follow by having all my found image sand researches on the front of the book to give the readers an indication of what it is, then I followed it by having different sections of the theories that I've looked at and the experiments that I made in order to prove those theories. I think doing it this way gave the publication a very fluid flow and an indication for threaders of which section they are in the publication, which can make them understand the experiments and theories better even without explanations for them. I've also decided to print the publication on off-white sugar paper, as I write like the texture and weight of the paper and how the images print on it. In terms of binding it I've perfect minded it with ova and put a thicker paper as a cover, however I think that this hand-made binding technique would make it hard to reproduce the publication as it can introduce errors such as what I've done on the spine were it has a lot of air bubbles which doesn't look quite clean, which I didn't really like about i t and I could probably do better next time. I've thought of binding it a different way like stab sticking it however it is too think therefore it wasn't very practical fro me to do.

Grid System

For this publication I've put the researches I've made in a different paper type than the experiments that I've made which create quite a clear contrast and indication were each section starts and finishes, however I didn't put titles on them which may make it quite confusing. I should've put more thought on the flow of the pages like I did with the previous publication, but this could be something I could do next time. Similar with the problems that I've had with the binding with the colour theory book, the perfect binding was quite flimsy leaving unclean air bubbles especially not he spine of the publication. As it was thinner than the colour theory book I initially wanted to stab stitch the pages, however this meant I couldn't out a smooth front and back cover to it due to the thread as well as the fact that I wouldn't be able to trim the top and bottom edges which may lead me with a scrappy book because some of the pages of the book were of slight different sizes that needed trimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment