Saturday 14 April 2018

Final Book Cover Designs

These are the final designs I've made from my developments.

The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas

From the crit, I was suggested by many to give the designs some colour which would relate or ironically describe the theme of the books, as having them just grey and black would look quite boring and plain. Also, from the crit it was pointed out that my titles had different point sizes, so I changed them to having them the same to make them more consistent. 

I've decided to add the colour yellow, to ironically describe the happiness the citizens get in the city, in return of the child's sorrow in the cellar. I've also made the design cleaner by making sure the titles and information were the right and appropriate size to their hierarchy.


The Lottery

Similar with this design, I've made the circle red, in order to highlight the sacrificial death someone was destined in the story. I've decided to change the title in order to make it consistent with the other two, and I've also thought that the previous development of the title didn't quite fit as I thought it would. By changing it, the cover became much cleaner as well. Also, I've decided to make the blurb black by italic as the white stood out too much in my opinion.


2B R 0 2B

I've also made the '2's in this design green in order to describe the theme of story. As green can often connote a new beginning and birth. I think adding the colour in to these design made it more impactful as people suggested in the crit because the addition of colour can indicate to the reader something about the story as people will have their own interpretations of colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment