Monday 23 April 2018

Initial Idea Crit for Both Flag and Card Ideas

Today, we had an initial crit of out designs with our group for the second part of this module. In the critical I got to listen and look at the different genre's and designs that other people in the critical created and researched about. For me, my crit turned out pretty well, as I got really good feedback about my designs and good suggestions on how I can improve it better.

These were the suggestions I got from the critical:
  • judgemental - overground/undergorund side, light and dark 
    integrating images etc. - what do you see?
    political 
    learn english through rap - maybe integrate korean and english sentences together, using some images to represent some words or combine the words that sound similar but mean different things in the language. e.g. no jam = no fun.
    using metaphor to filter thoughts - creating scenes
    censorship - 
    urban dictionary - make book . translate metaphors in english 
    perspective with asian art - maybe use it as grid
    david hockney document*
    8 ton truck - maybe base the whole cassette on songs on 8 ton truck. -wraparound the design on the inside; ,maybe section it with CMYK colours.

    crit notes made by people in the group for me
    Overall, I actually quite liked some of the suggestions that were given to me e.g. the idea of making a book or dictionary about Korean phrases and words and translating it to english. Was thinking maybe this could be my object, as I could relate the book to the most commonly used phrases or themes in songs in Korean Hiphop, and it could be like an informational book as well of all the different types and the rappers in the micro-genre. I also liked the idea of playing around with the typography of both English and Korean and maybe altering them and possible combine them. I may aim to work on the typography aspect as now we need to think and start doing typography design for our designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment